In this article we are going yo instruct how to fill the OMR sheet in the Loksewa Aayog and Shikshak Sewa Aayog (TSC and PSC).
Meaning of OMR sheet
The OMR sheet refers to optical mark recognition. Basically, it is widely used in the TSC and PSC (loksewa and sikshak sewa) exams in Nepal. OMR is used when a large number of candidates appear in a particular exam and there is no longer time to publish results.
It helps to conclude results faster with the help of technology. The OMR sheet is read by the OMR reader. The OMR reader is connected to the computer, and the signal used in the OMR sheet allows the OMR reader to perform faster than a human check. In the OMR reader, there are fewer mistakes (lower than 1%).
OMR reader gives high proficiency in the result, and it is getting faster and faster. OMR is a modern technology that is widely used all over the world. It is used in surveys, insurance and banking applications, examinations, elections, evaluation and feedback forms, and many more. You can see sample of OMR sheet here:
Use of the OMR sheet
This is the high proficiency of modern technology, which is widely used all over the world. OMR sheets have fewer mistakes (less than 1%), which gives them a high proficiency rate and makes the output more reliable, cheaper, and faster.
Let’s talk in the context of Nepal. In the context of Nepal, it is used for TSC and PSC (loksewa and shikshak sewa) exams. In the first paper on TSC and PSC, it is used in Nepal. This is more efficient for the multiple-choice questions. In the government job sector, it is widely used in Nepal nowadays.
It makes it easier for students to select the right answer, and it helps to publish the result faster than a human check. The OMR sheet is scanned by the OMR reader with the help of the computer.
How to fill the OMR sheet in the Loksewa Aayog and Shikshak Sewa Aayog (TSC & PSC)
We have mention some of important points below. Read each points carefully, your all doubts will be clear.
- While you get the OMR sheet, you should watch the OMR sheet carefully, and you should not be hopeless.
- Protect your OMR sheet from dust and unnecessary scratches.
- Use a black pen; you can use a Loksewa pen.
- At first, you can find space for your full name; separately, you should fill in your first name, middle name, and last name in specified rooms.
- Then you can find the space for the symbol number; write your symbol number there in each box.
- As you write your symbol number, fill in the ink to cover the same number of circle numbers straight below your symbol numbers 0 to 9 at the end of the symbol number writing area.
- Then you can find an advertisement number (bigyapan number) and fill out the advertisement number there.
- And select the level at which you are giving the exam, and write the subject.
- In the same row, you can find the area for your signature. Fill in your signature in the box.
- And you can find there the option for the set number of answers that are mentioned in your question paper. Carefully watch your set number and fill in the same box in which you have the question set number in your question (A, B, C, D).
- Once all necessary processes are completed, you can write your answer in the specific box, filling up the full ink inside the circle of your right answer.
Here is the official notice of shikshak sewa aayog regarding the fill up OMR Sheet :
Can I get a second OMR sheet if I make mistakes?
No, you cannot get a second OMR sheet, so be serious while filling up the OMR sheet. Think twice and more before filling up the circle. If you make mistakes while filling up, don’t fill up in the next circle of the same question.
If you do this, your answer will be canceled. So you should be well prepared before the exam, and you can practice on a model OMR sheet before the first 1-2 days of your exam. This will make you more confident for your real exam.
Is it okay to fill an OMR sheet with pencils?
No, you cannot fill the OMR sheet with a pencil.
Which colour pen is used for filling the OMR sheet?
You can use any black pen for filling the OMR sheet. We highly recommend you, Loksewa Pen, for better performance.
What is the correct way to fill an OMR sheet?
You should fill the ink only in the area of the circle. You cannot do any tick marks or any other signal in the OMR sheet.